Friday, 19 October 2007

365

I am increasingly seeing the term "365" used in marketing. The brief I'm looking at now mentions it 3 times

Create a deeper connection 365

Build towards a goal 365

365 programme

The suffix "days of the year" has been dropped (and it was an annoying enough term when it was there).

There are about a million things wrong with using "365" in my view but let me highlight just 3

1. It is grotesquely American

2. Do you really want a deeper connection with your audience on Christmas Day? Boxing day even? What are you - DFS?

3.are you going to have to switch it to 366 for the leap year next year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Nick B said...

I see I am not the first to comment on this post! I was going to suggest 'pure play' as a phrase to be avoided!