Monday, 1 October 2007

An argument with a large tree...

Update on the lack of apology from South West Trains. This has just arrived. I actually quite like the response

"Dear Mr Wilding,
Not a good morning, sorry. points failure at Weybridge which blocked the up fast line for about 30 minutes, and a broken crossing at Wimbledon which required a 5 mph emergency speed restriction. There were delays of up to 40 minutes. We are very short of 444's at present. We have 2 stopped with collision damage following an argument with a large tree near Dorchester, and a minor collision in the depot at Northam which damaged a second 444. We are doing everything we can to turn out 42 per day, but out of a total fleet of 45 with 2 out of service it leaves us very tight for maintenance etc.
I hope to have at least one back by early December. In the meantime we will do everything we can to provide 42 per day.
Yours,
Stewart Palmer"

I like the term "an argument with a large tree" and the brilliantly understated yet seemingly genuinely apologetic (to me anyway) "not a good morning, sorry". More of this from SWT please (although getting the trains to run the right stock and turn up on time would be preferable.

The little things matter. Have I said that before somewhere?

1 comment:

Nick B said...

I also like the response you have received, though would be tempted to reply that whilst it's very kind of him to offer you 42 trains, at this point you will be needing just one!