after a late wobble when I saw a Sky ad (realised they don't do mobile) I find myself back on page 10 of Sunday's Observer - big ad for Virgin Media. Calling now. It's 11.16 am.
I'm invited to enter my home number. I have 3 options. Press 1 to join Virgin Media. I'm doing that...NOW.
And straight through to sales. Good start.
Asked for postcode, do I want the 4 for £40 deal? yes.
1st November (Thursday) is the first date they can do it.
I ask lots and lots of questions which the chap is good at answering. For some reason I get 2 bills - 3 for £30 from NTL and a separate Virgin Mobile bill for £10.
They will cancel BT for me but I have to cancel T mobile (a bit annoying - and remember to get my packcode from them) and AOL.
10 minutes in and they've done a credit check. Which is all fine (good) - any the whole thing has taken 15 mins.
Being installed on Friday 9th Nov - do I want AM or PM? AM please. fine.
Aah, but I've been popped on hold and put through to the mobile team (annoying) who are now going to take my details for virgin mobile. They try to upsell me to another product (annoying) the bloke isn't very good - he's creating an account for me on Virgin Mobile's website. I can hardly hear him.
He's taking my date of birth, phone number, do i own my house, what's my password etc (I've already given this to Virgin Media - annoying). they now want sort code number (which I've already given to Virgin Media - annoying) they now want to do a credit check (again, which I've already done - annoying) - all in the virgin mobile bit added 12 minutes making the whole thing 27 minutes.
After the Virgin Media call I felt quite positive - having to do the whole thing again for Virgin Mobile is, well, annoying. But I've done it. Just need to cancel a couple of things now and I'm away.
Feeling quite proud of myself. 12 months of hell to follow then?
Monday, 22 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment