Thursday, 8 November 2007
we don't have to take our clothes off, to have a good time. oh no.
Somebody at the station this morning got a call while waiting on the platform and this was his ringtone. I've rarely seen somebody reach for their phone so quickly. I strongly suspect he may not have been entirely sober when he chose to download it. Also Lindsay mentioned this week that she was going to see Meatloaf at Wembley having bought the tickets when "a bit drunk". It's got me thinking about brands or products that rely in part or entirely on people being under the influence for their success. I can think of a few - ringtones, ken's kebabs on the Albert road, pay per view porn channels probably, hula hoops (is it just me?) but it's interesting that e commerce has thrown up so many more opportunities to buy or do something that seemed like a good idea at the time (ebay I suspect does well out of this) but more rational purchase decisions such as concert tickets or even holidays can now be made pissed - just so long as you can function enough to type in your card number. Any other examples?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There is a (large) Facebook Group devoted to drunken texting!
One of the peak times of day for texting is late evening. I have always seen this explained as the 'goodnight I love you' text. I think a braver / better explanation would be that it is after-pub texting and the message is more likely to read 'I loud wov'.
Post a Comment