Friday, 9 November 2007

installation day

working from home today and I'm pleased to report that Virgin Media have been - the telly is working, broadband is up and running (with a small hitch) and phone has been swapped over from BT without a glitch. I am absolutey elated - well out of proportion to what has been achieved. I think it might be that NTL's reputation is so bad that I was fearing the worst but I have been nothing but impressed so far. The courtesy call the other day, the installation took an hour and was very good, they explained how to use stuff and broadband was easy to install. At one point I had to phone their technical support (at 25p a minute for a 20 minute call) but at the end of it he said "I'm not charging you for this call as it wasn't your fault". Very impressed all round so far.
One small thing that saddens me only a little is that my email address is @ntlworld.com rather than @virginmedia.com - I know this is slightly ridiculous but goes to show the power of brands. I would probably never had done this if they were still called NTL. And where does this liking for the Virgin brand come from? Virgin Atlantic.

No comments: