Friday, 21 September 2007
morning drinking
Every morning (and indeed evening) on South West trains the "on board steward" makes an announcement inviting people to part with the best part of a day's wage in return for something from their ropey refreshment trolley. It's only a small thing but the script they read out is exactly the same all day and makes no allowance for daypart. So when I get the 6.24 train in the morning (and lord knows I love that train) within minutes I am informed that the trolley is selling "a range of beers, wines and spirits". Now given that the loud speaker announcement is just someone talking I think this is a pretty bad failure to understand your audience's mindset (maybe the people getting on at Haslemere are party animals and filling their boots but I haven't noticed) and a real wasted opportunity for Southwest trains to create a bit of empathy with their passengers. Basic stuff really but the small things matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment